To all the girls in old town last night…I’m sorry I shredded the memo that stated that proper Thursday night going out attire consisted only of cheap ass bandage-y mini skirts/tube tops that barely cover your ass and a lace-y, even cheaper-looking bandeau/ace bandage/ugly crop top (if we were lucky) showcasing your hard-earned beer bellies.
Also, when at a crowded bar where people are moving about, you don’t stand there with both hands on your hips, posing for no damn reason with a sour-puss expression. If you choose to do so, you will be forcibly moved.
This town is a lost cause.
Sorry I’m not sorry.
Ready for this move.
You know those people who, when asked how they met their husband or wife answer with, “Oh, I just married my best friend.” They have the story like they had been friends forever and then they just decided to get married one day….sometimes I wonder if that will be me.
It’s so bizarre to think about. One day, when we’re ready to settle down, we could put aside any fears of the consequences of pursuing a relationship potentially ruining our friendship and we can stop pretending like we’re not attracted to each other….
Why not marry your best friend? A strong bond that has stood the test of time, has suffered and recovered from a fall-out…you know that friend you can not talk to for a month or more and you come back together like you never missed a beat? The friend you can tell everything to without fearing judgement. The friend who, when you start your phone conversation, the sun is up…and when you hang up, it’s pitch black.
I think I would be the luckiest woman in the world to have him for a husband though. No, I know I would. He’s going to be the definition of the perfect husband and father. He’s caring, supportive, kind, hard-working, ambitious, thoughtful, funny, intelligent, and bonus, he’s extremely handsome with the best smile. A true example that there really are some men of gold left. He’s the best guy I know.
He’s that friend that always seems to pop up when I need him most, like when I’m down or stressed and just need some insight. He’s so grounded and wise, I know he’ll always be my rock.
The thought crosses my mind every once in awhile and I usually don’t think too much into it but right now, it’s kind of lingering. But I’m quite the lucky girl to have someone like him in my life, no matter what role he plays.
New plan: save all my money. Visit as many major U.S. cities as I can over the span of a couple months, like a different city every week. Be a different person in each city. Like, L.A. “Hi, I’m Jessica. I’m in fashion PR.” or Boston, “Hi, I’m Jessica. I’m in finance on business from NYC. (with a southern accent)” or Miami, “Hi, I’m Jessica. I’m just here to party.”
And literally just meet a ton of people and explore.
Then capitalize off of my ventures by writing a best-selling book about my experiences in each city and some bull shit psychology behind those experiences.
Guys, I’m serious.
Butters Theme feat. Billy the Gent & Long Jawns
Day off touch-up turned into full shebang.
In the past year I’ve gone from natural ginger to blonde, to BAM red, BAM red with neon purple streaks, back to ginger, back to BAM red…been awhile since I’ve been brunette.
YOLO *while Kanye shrugging*
My idea of beauty is women who are comfortable with themselves.
Okay let’s break this down.
The summer alone we’ve seen.
The Transit of Venus which won’t happen again until December 10-17 2117.
We’ve discovered the Higgs Boson Particle.
And we’ve sent what is essentially a portable laboratory to Mars. To test for life and water.
This has been the best summer for science EVER!!!
FUCK YES SCIENCE!
"When you really start understanding gratitude then the hunger of the mind ends." - Anand Mehrota
- Cool, multi-fabric jackets. This one from River Island might have to make a trip overseas to be in my closet. Draped boucle and leather (faux) mix? Yes, please.
- Little gold belt. I don’t like using the actual fasteners for jackets. I like belting my outerwear…makes it more personal. And a little gold one could go over so much…big sweaters, sweater dresses, oversized blazers, etc. Will definitely come in handy for layering.
- This cool graffic tee from UO may or may not already be on it’s way to my house.
- Alexander McQueen skull scarves. Simple luxury/keepsake. And hunter and jade are huge for fall.
- Easy striped sweater dress. I feel like this was on my list last fall and I still don’t own one. So many possibilities.
- Art-deco adornment. I LOVE anything and everything art deco so if I can find little pieces to put on my body, I’m a happy camper.
- I’ve been in lust with this 3.1 Phillip Lim dress since shopbop.com featured it on one of their lookbooks a couple months back. I love navy as an alternative to black and this dress is the perfect shape and would be great with some cowboy-ish ankle boots.
- Over-the-knee black boots. Flat for fear of looking too Pretty Woman. And Frye makes the sturdiest, longest lasting boots around. Definitely worth the money up front and the 30 bucks to resole once a year.
- Grown-up Alexander Wang satchel. I think it’s time to retire the beloved Rocco for something more structured and grown-up. I think the Pelican is up there with the Birkin or some Prada satchel without the outrageous price tag.
- Black high-waisted skinnies. All the long-legged, small-waisted girls rejoiced when high-waist came back. And apparently Urban makes some of their jeans with a 34 inch inseam which is ALMOST long enough and can be made to work. $60 BDG versus $300 Paige’s or Hudsons…..
- Bad ass look-at-me flats. Enough said.
Maybe I’m ready for fall…
There’s really no way you could mix this song and it wouldn’t be good. Avicii is a god I guess.
My second favorite redhead…TTH. AKA Taylor Tomasi Hill. Another master of eclectic wear-what-you-want dressing. I love the way she mixes textures and pairs masculine elements with feminine elements.
I’m not looking forward to fall or winter…I love summer dressing. But with the help of TTH and her lessons in fashionable layering…I think I might just make it until next summer.